Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A touch of fur, a pinch of feathers, a dash of leopard, and a whole lot of sequins

So school is in full swing and Theology is really starting to give me a bore.  Instead I'm opting for some online window shopping.  Alive and Olivia is one of my loves.  I got my dress for a sorority function from them and have been in love ever since.  It's the perfect mix of rock and roll and hippie chic and while I love the relaxed chic look, I need some glam rock thrown in there ever once in awhile.  I've put together a few lovely pieces that you can add to a neutral outfit for a little pop! affect.


The Fur Collar and the Francesca Feather Skirt are lovely ways to add a little dash of excitement to an outfit.  The fur collar fits in nicely with the plain cardigan.  The simple tone of the sweater balances out the boldness of the collar.  Now I semi-prefer this collar in black purely because I am in love with the color black, but the pink with grey detailing can be good if you are looking for a pop of color.  Onto the fur skirt.  I am in love with this piece.  Let's start with the color.  I am dying for the pink fading to black on the very ends.  All one color would be too boring.  Now let's address that this is a completely feathered skirt and with the playfulness of the feathers it's as if they were meant to be together.  I like the pairing of the vest, but I would also opt for a plain white tank.  I wouldn't necessarily order the white tank from Alive and Olivia though because white tanks are so easy to find cheaper.



Loving the Chrissy Faux Fur Jacket and the Luiza Embellished Jacket.  Even though it's still August, this brief cold spell and the idea of fall being a month away make me crave jackets.  A pop of animal print is such a big trend this year and I am loving the way the leopard is being used here.  It's not only adorable with the all black ensemble underneath, but it's also functional because it's a little heavier.  Perfect for the arrival of fall and beginning of winter!  The other jacket is slightly less practical, but no less amazing.  I am loving the Michael Jackson inspired silhouette and the cropped affect because I feel like it makes it more feminine by revealing a little hip.  The color combination of black and brown looks adorable open or closed.  I am a huge fan of mixing black and brown despite the fact that some say they completely clash.  I think combining neutral tones always gives you a subtle, sleek, and modern look.  Bottom line- I'm in love.  

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE A FUR COLLAR VERY SIMILAR. IT CAME FROM A COAT I HAD, NEEDS TO BE LINED. IF YOU WANT, I'LL SEE ABOUT LINING IT AND YOU CAN HAVE IT. IT'S MOSTLY SHADES OF BEIGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE ANONYMOUS COMMENT CAME FROM ME SINCE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A NAME. NANNY

    ReplyDelete