Saturday, August 7, 2010

Love affair with A Vintage Affair


A Vintage Affair is on my reading list this summer and so far I am hopelessly in love.  I bought the book when I was in Barnes and Noble.  I was walking to the check out, magazines in tow, and saw this book on a table all its own.  I see the title and immediately pick it up and read the inside cover.  Vintage was all I needed to know.  The 30% off label was simply gravy!  Goodbye magazines, hello new summer read.  


The book is about Phoebe, who ends her career in the auction business to open a vintage store in London.  It is clear that Phoebe wants to revamp her life, but the reason for her life-changing career move in unveiled throughout the book.  I am only on page 120 so we'll see where this book takes me, but as of now I am enthralled that I ditched the magazines and went for this book.  And I do love my fashion magazines.


A Vintage Affair is a fashion guru's dream.  On the inside of the cover it reads what a strange power there is in clothing.  Vintage, I feel, has even more power because there is a personal story behind every piece of clothing and in A Vintage Affair you get to hear the stories behind the gowns and the get a peak into the lives of those who own them next.  I'll keep you updated as I read on through!

No comments:

Post a Comment