Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eat Pray Love: In sleek travel attire



I have done some major slacking this week on writing due to the fact that I had to pack up my entire life and ship back off to school.  However, I did find time to see Eat Pray Love on this rainy summer day.  I anticipated a moving movie that would make my life seem inadequate and force me to reevaluate everything choice I've ever made.  It was less intense that I thought.  It was uplifting, motivated me to travel, and gives you the courage to change your life if you aren't satisfied.  And the men in that movie, James Franco and Javier Bardem (yum), were to die for.



Onto the fashion aspect, because there is always a fashion aspect.  If you know me personally, you know that I have an obsession with traveling and everything that it entails.  I love the packing, the luggage, the travel accessories, and the outfit for the travel day.  All that traveling Julia did in the movie got me thinking about travel attire and what is best to travel in, in terms of cuteness and practicality. I also have a love affair with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen and their upscale line THE ROW.  I know the clothes are out of this world expensive, but the simple, chic white tee is what I live for even if it costs $400.  They are also perfect for travel!

As I was perusing Bergdorf Goodman I thought THE ROW is the perfect for traveling.  When I need to get on a plane layering is a must.  No matter where my destination is, hot or cold, I always have the same staple outfit because the plane is always a little chilled.  This includes stretchy pants, tank, and some type of sweater.  Here are some MK&A variations that I would definitely sport.















To start, the cami is a must.  I love the simplicity of the the Biggins Camisole.  It's made out of silk so it's comfortable and sleek enough to slip under a sweater.  Plus the white will go with anything and I do love my neutral tones.  It's always cold on the plane so I always pack a sweater, if not wear one, in my carry-on bag.  This Knightbridge Cardigan is perfect (cheaper version from Gap that I wrote about in a previous post) to put over the white cami.  Put both of these tops over the Stratton Pant and you have yourself a comfy, travel friendly outfit.  If you are arriving to the beaches of Mexico then slip off the sweater and sport the cami and slim pants, and if you are arriving to the snow throw on a coat over the sweater and you are good to go!















Some extra pieces that can be added to the staple cami, sweater, and stretch pant are the Talford Coat and Barclay pants.  If the weather is extra cold I'd add a coat to bundle up in or sport a leather pant.  I love my liquid leather leggings and they are so comfy and are nice alternative to a "jegging".

These items are super expensive and most cannot afford to drop $1000 on pants, but that's the beauty of the staple items.  They are staples, which means they can be found anywhere and the prices will range from cheap as dirt to out of this world expensive.  All these travel clothes and movies make me want to jet-set away to some far off place.  For now I'll settle for school :).

No comments:

Post a Comment