Thursday, August 5, 2010

Coco for Chanel

Picture from fordmodels.tumblr.com
Picture from Huffingtonpost.com

If you know me at all, you know I die for Chanel.  Chanel is my favorite designer and always will be.  I love masculine inspired woman’s wear, but at the same time I am female and love playful clothes as well.  Chanel combines the clean lines of a sexy, structured blazer with couture dresses that literally give me a fashion orgasm.  So I thought it was only appropriate that I christen my blog with Chanel.

I recently watched the 2010/2011 Fall/Winter Haute Couture fashion shows and in the words of Rachel Zoe, I died.  For those who criticize haute couture for not being wearable enough, take a look at this show.

Before I even begin with the couture, I do have to point out the hair.  I love the windblown, wispy affect and it’s perfect for fall/winter time.   I love tucking half my hair into my coat or sweater.  It’s easy and the little wisps in the front remind the world there is a female underneath all that bundled up fabric.  Now that Karl Lagerfeld has confirmed this look I am even more excited for my winter sweaters and jackets!

I love love love mixing men’s wear and woman’s wear and creating an “oxy moron outfit” as I like to call it.  If you look at the blue ensemble picture you can see exactly what I mean.  The tweed, cropped jacket is structured and is paired with the girlish skirt.  All business on top and party on the bottom.  Love it.  Check out more of the Chanel fashion show at chanel.com and tell me your favorite look.

No comments:

Post a Comment