Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Buy: Fall Long Cardigans



My love affair with J Crew, just as with Chanel, is not secret.  While it may not be as out of reach in terms of price as Chanel is, I usually don't buy a whole lot from J Crew unless Mom is there to label it "back to school shopping" and help out a little with the expenses.  I just don't have $100 to drop on three sweaters, unless it's at the J Crew outlet of course! 

My obsessiveness is slightly fulfilled with email updates about what's new or popular online and in the store and I recently received an email about a new wool sweater called the Alpaca long cardigan (left).  I absolutely die for these square, bohemian looking sweaters.  They are just so comfy and I love the relaxed cardigan look, however I cringe at the idea of spending $118 on one.  I love them, but just don't think they are worth that much.  So after looking at the price and letting out a sigh, I book marked the site thinking maybe I'd spring for, until I wandered into Gap...

I have always had a hatred for the Gap when I was younger, but I went in recently with a change of heart and found their staple items to be adorable.  Their V-necks were nicely priced and beyond soft and their sweaters were simple yet chic.  As I was skimming the racks I stumbled upon a charcoal version of the Alpaca sweater for $60!  Needless to say I was more than ecstatic.   Here was a wool sweater that felt like cotton for almost $60 less than J Crew's.  A bargain to say the least.  Throw the sweater over a tank and let it flow or belt it to polish it up and show your figure.  The Gap long wool sweater takes the cake, but that does not mean J Crew is nixed, but just set aside for times of splurging.    

No comments:

Post a Comment